The most authoritative text on mobile cranes ever published. Endorsed by the world's foremost authorities, this book is consistent with most national standards. Clear, concise and extensively illustrated for practical, on-site application by all operating and supervisory personnel. At 419 pages with over 500 illustrations and more than 150 load chart exercises for 17 different types of cranes, this is your comprehensive resource on mobile cranes.
Used internationally as an official course text in training and upgrading programs, this book is an essential reference in preventing costly and often deadly crane accidents. Topics include:
- Types, Main Components and Terminology,
- Principles and Quadrants of Operation,
- Load Charts - Basic Terms and Conditions, Determining Main Boom Capacities, and Determining Jib and Boom Extension Capacities,
- Factors That Reduce Rated Capacity,
- Pre-Lift Considerations and Set-Up, and
- Operating Procedures.